Only a tiny 1.6% of the bailout loans goes to Greece’s state budget, the real economy and the people. The rest 98.4% goes to serve the international creditors International Monetary Fund, European Union member states and European Central Bank.
For the years 2010-20124, from the 236.8 billion euro bailout money and the 25.5 billion euro from privatizations, only 1.6 percent benefits the state and the economy.
98.4% is allocated for obligations to creditors. (source: Eleftherotypia; more details hopefully later)
I really do not understand, why any Greek should complain about it. A whole 3.77 billion euro go to Greece. For my father, for example, who spends the winter without heating and the summer without air-condition or fan because he cannot afford either the heating oil or the electricity bills after the cuts in pensions and helath care, the tax hikes and other austerity measures that make descent living impossible.
We are all proud to hand out the last slice of our bread to our creditors.
PS As the slogan claims: “The country is saved!” Not the people…