Ferries and ships traffic to and form the islands is still disrupted on Sunday, Sept 30 2018, due to the extreme weather phenomena caused by Medicane Zorbas.
While the sailing ban was lifted on Sunday morning not all ferries departed from the port of Piraeus for the Cyclades islands.
Four ferries departed and four did not as the captains considered the situation as too risky.
According to latest information at 3 o’ clock p.m. Sunday:
- No ban for ferries from Piraeus to Cyclades, Crete and the Dodecanese.
- No ferries from Rafina to Cyclades
- No ferries from the port of Lavrio due to weather conditions in the area.
- Sea traffic in Saronic Gulf only via conventional ‘closed type’ ships
Local sea traffic depends much on the weather conditions and the wind intensity.
No sea traffic between
- Volos and the Sporades islands that are currently hit by Medicane Zorbas
- Arkitsa-Aidipsos, Kavala-Prinos, Alexandroupolis-Samothraki
According to latest weather forecast, Medicane Zorbas will slowly move more to the North-East and over the Aegean Sea as of Sunday afternoon.
Winds are blowing in the Aegean Sea locally with intensity up to 8-9 Beaufort.
Sea and wind conditions may cause delays.
Or other kind of disruptions…
Santorini: Trying to get on board of a ferry on Saturday, a father placed his slow walking children on the rolling suitcases.
If you plan to travel contact local port authorities and travel agents.