Greece’s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has extended a series of travel restrictions “aiming to protect passengers and citizens from the Covid-19 pandemic,” as noted in a press release issued on October 1, 2020.
The air directives (notams) regarding travel restrictions from certain countries and Non-EU citizens, negative Covid-19 test, and filling up of the Passenger Location Form before departure are extended until Monday, October 12, 2020, the CAA said.
* It is announced that with a new air directive that will be valid from Saturday, October 3, lasting until 12/10/20, those passengers traveling to Greece by air connection from Poland will enter our country only with a negative Covid-19 test which will have been performed. up to 72 hours before their arrival.
* Air instructions regarding the suspension of flights between Greece and Turkey and between Greece and the region of Catalonia in Spain are extended until 12. October 2020 at midnight.
* The air directive which provides that all flights to and from Greece from Albania and North Macedonia will be operated only at the “Eleftherios Venizelos” Athens international airport is extended until 12. October 2020.
* Extended until 12. October 2020 is the notam which stipulates that those traveling to Greece by air from Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, the United Arab Emirates, Malta, Belgium, Spain, Albania and Northern Macedonia will enter our country only with a negative Covid-19 which will have been carried out up to 72 hours before their arrival, while they will also be subjected to sampling tests.
* Extended until 12. Oct 2020, is the aviation directive which provides for a ban on entry into the country by Non-European Citizens (Non EU Citizens).
This note excludes citizens and residents of the following 11 countries: Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay and the United Arab Emirates
* Regarding the air directive for permanent residents from Israel, it is also extended until October 12 and stipulates that those traveling to Greece by air connection from Israel will enter our country only with a negative test Covid-19, which will have been conducted with PCR method (taking pharyngeal or nasopharyngeal smear), up to 72 hours before their arrival. Also, the permanent residents of Israel who come to Greece will be re-submitted to sampling tests for covid-19 while the maximum entry limit of 5,000 travelers from Israel to all airports in Greece remains.
* The CAA also informs about the extension until October 12 of the mandatory completion of the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at the electronic address https://travel.gov.gr/ by all passengers of international flights to Greece.
The completion can be done no later than the previous day of arrival. Please note that before accepting passengers for boarding, airlines must check: (a) the PLF confirmation at least the day before the flight, which is a mandatory travel document. b) the correspondence with the QR code and the PLF. Airlines that do not comply with this control obligation will be responsible for the repatriation of passengers at the expense of the company.
* It is reminded that until October 5, 2020 the notam for Russia is valid (permanent residents), which provides entry only with a negative test covid-19 at the airports of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion, as well as a maximum of 500 passengers per week. In any case, the permanent residents of Russia who come to Greece will be re-submitted to sampling tests for covid-19.
For airline directives (extensions, replacements, new ones and amendments), the exceptions to the existing airline directives apply.
Greek’s repatriation programs are also excluded.
More information about coronavirus in Greece here