Greece’s Civil Protection specified on Thursday evening the lockdown restrictions imposed across the whole country from 06:00 am Saturday, 7. November, and for three weeks, until 30. November 2020.
The difference to the first lockdown in spring are::
- the mandatory use of mask in- and outdoors and the operation of kindergartens, elementary and special education schools.
All Greece turns ‘grey” – that is in Lockdown stage – as of November 7, 2020.
Citizens will need to notify authorities when they leave home and thus only for several essential issues.
The restrictions affect, among others, travel and movement, operation of schools, suspension of operation of several sectors like retail stores.
Exceptionally hairdressers and beauty salons are given a two-day extension, that is they can operate on Saturday and Sunday, before they shut down on Monday, Nov 9.
Leave Home per SMS, printed form or handwritten note
SMS are to be sent to <13033>. Normally a confirm sms comes back immediately.
Also printed and handwritten notes must carry the specific Option number as listed below:
For SMS, the scheme is
x [space] NAME/SURNAME ADDRESS
x is the option number
1. For health reasons (going to a pharmacy, visiting a doctor or going to a hospital or health center, if this is recommended after relevant communication). [SMS – Option 1]
2. For purchase of essential supplies, where delivery not possible. [SMS – Option 2]
3. Going to a public services, if the electronic or telephone service is not possible only for urgent needs, after setting an appointment for which the citizen is informed in writing or electronically and under the additional condition of showing the above information. Go to the bank, to the extent that electronic transaction is not possible. [SMS – Option 3]
4. Provide assistance to people in need. Transfer to/from the place of work of a spouse or first degree relative, if necessary. Transfer of a minor to/from school [SMS – Option 4]
5. Attend a ceremony (eg funeral) under the conditions provided by law or going to divorced parents or separated parents to ensure necessary communication between parents and children, in accordance with the provisions in force. [SMS – Option 5]
6. Physical exercise outdoors or walking with a pet, individually or in pairs of two (2) persons, provided that in the latter case the necessary distance of one and a half (1.5) meters is observed. Transition for feeding stray animals, if the transition takes place within the municipality of residence of the citizen. [SMS – Option 6]
Printed Form as well as forms for students, parents, employees, workers etc are to find in forma.gov.gr
Not allowed to operate are among others cinemas, theaters, archaeological sites, playgrounds, amusement and theme parks.Here is a list of sectors allowed to operate only per e-shop deliveries; the list includes the official Codes (ΚΑΔ) by the Trade and Commerce Ministry.
Civil Protection lockdown announcement on Nov 5 (in Greek)
More on coronavirus in Greece here.