Greece’s Civil Protection specified on Thursday evening the lockdown restrictions imposed across the whole country from 06:00 am Saturday, 7. November, and for three weeks, until 30. November 2020.
The difference to the first lockdown in spring are::
- the mandatory use of mask in- and outdoors and the operation of kindergartens, elementary and special education schools.
All Greece turns ‘grey” – that is in Lockdown stage – as of November 7, 2020.
Citizens will need to notify authorities when they leave home and thus only for several essential issues.
The restrictions affect, among others, travel and movement, operation of schools, suspension of operation of several sectors like retail stores.
Exceptionally hairdressers and beauty salons are given a two-day extension, that is they can operate on Saturday and Sunday, before they shut down on Monday, Nov 9.
Leave Home per SMS, printed form or handwritten note
SMS are to be sent to <13033>. Normally a confirm sms comes back immediately.
Also printed and handwritten notes must carry the specific Option number as listed below:
For SMS, the scheme is
x [space] NAME/SURNAME ADDRESS
x is the option number
1. For health reasons (going to a pharmacy, visiting a doctor or going to a hospital or health center, if this is recommended after relevant communication). [SMS – Option 1]
2. For purchase of essential supplies, where delivery not possible. [SMS – Option 2]
3. Going to a public services, if the electronic or telephone service is not possible only for urgent needs, after setting an appointment for which the citizen is informed in writing or electronically and under the additional condition of showing the above information. Go to the bank, to the extent that electronic transaction is not possible. [SMS – Option 3]
4. Provide assistance to people in need. Transfer to/from the place of work of a spouse or first degree relative, if necessary. Transfer of a minor to/from school [SMS – Option 4]
5. Attend a ceremony (eg funeral) under the conditions provided by law or going to divorced parents or separated parents to ensure necessary communication between parents and children, in accordance with the provisions in force. [SMS – Option 5]
6. Physical exercise outdoors or walking with a pet, individually or in pairs of two (2) persons, provided that in the latter case the necessary distance of one and a half (1.5) meters is observed. Transition for feeding stray animals, if the transition takes place within the municipality of residence of the citizen. [SMS – Option 6]
Printed Form as well as forms for students, parents, employees, workers etc are to find in forma.gov.gr
Not allowed to operate are among others cinemas, theaters, archaeological sites, playgrounds, amusement and theme parks.Here is a list of sectors allowed to operate only per e-shop deliveries; the list includes the official Codes (ΚΑΔ) by the Trade and Commerce Ministry.
Civil Protection lockdown announcement on Nov 5 (in Greek)
More on coronavirus in Greece here.
What number do we enter for getting back to our permanent home and what address do we put in – our home or our starting address?
Do you maybe have a copy of the former employers statement in english?
In the last lockdwon, the number to send text messages about why you were leaving your home only worked from Greek mobile numbers. There are still a LOT of tourists in this part of Crete – and none of them have GR mobiles. Do you know if this has changed? (i.e. you can send a text message to the leave your home number with a foreign mobile)? Also: Last time, the forms were also available in English. Do you know if this is coming? (I am printing out forms now for people here – would be nice to be able to give the touries who do not speak or read Greek a translation.) Thanks. Stay safe everyone.
hand-written notes then
We were supposed to have left Athens on a ferry tonight but it got delayed to tomorrow morning. Which means what was going to be a simple journey is now after lockdown changing it totally as a Brit without a Greek mobile how do I put on a piece of paper that I am travelling to my in-laws place in Crete lol
with a hand-written note? ask travel agency or directly by ferry company?
Am I permitted to drive my wife to a medical appointment in another province?
ask local police
Type A English : https://forma.gov.gr/docs/permit-work-commute-en.pdf
Type B English : https://forma.gov.gr/docs/permit-extraordinary-movement-en.pdf
Did you find, please?
Didn’t find those links…!
Can you confirm that incoming passengers to Greece need a negative Test as of Wednesday, November 11 and not as of Monday, November 9?
we now writing the updates of Friday
Are you allowed to travel to the olive grove to work? There doesn’t seem to be an option for this activity. Thank you
I heard it’s possible with “employers’ signed permit/form”
Not an employee just a family plot which needs attending too. Thank you
So I just realised that I can’t send an SMS from a foreign Sim card. I don’t have a printer. So I just write a note on paper saying the same thing I would have sent per SMS (either ((4)) going to the store, or ((6)) going for a walk) and take that with me? Do I understand this correctly?
Yes just write out Ina piece of paper why you are out. Date, Name, reason, address I believe should be noted also.
Hello dear team! According to travel.gov.gr when you travel to Greece you need a covid test of the last 72 hours, regardless whether by boat or plane. Maybe you udpate..?
Also, could you possibly tell me what kind of excuse I need to provide for going from the airport to home?
Or what does a family member have to send to be able to pick me up..?
Thank you and stay safe!
1. we cannot keep updating older posts as rules change often
2. ask police at airport
3 no idea. fam member should ask local police