Greece’s National Meteorological Service EMY updated its Emergency bulletin on Snow Weather “Barbara” for the next two days, Τuesday and Wednesday, February 7-9, 2023.
Snowfalls will intensify from the evening hours of Tuesday and mainly in the midnight hours of Wednesday in low-altitude areas of Magnesia, Eastern Central Greece (Fthiotida, Boeotia and Attica), Evia and the North-East Peloponnese,
– In some lowland areas of Attica, the new height of the snow is estimated up to 10 cm, while at higher altitudes the height of the snow is expected to reach 20-30 cm. Within the Attica basin, snow is expected mainly in the northernmost parts, but is estimated to be below 5 cm of snow. Chances for limited snowfall also exist in the southeastern parts of the prefecture.
– In Northern Evia and Magnesia, where the highest snow heights are expected mainly in the mountainous and semi-mountainous areas, it is possible to see up to 20-40 centimeters of snow, while snowfalls are also expected in areas with a lower altitude.
– In the rest of the Eastern Mainland, the most significant snowfalls are expected in parts of Viotia where up to 20-30 cm of snow is expected in lowland parts, while 10-20 cm of snow is expected in the easternmost parts of Fthiotida. The most important snow heights are expected mainly in the mountainous and semi-mountainous sections.
Head and chief meteorologist of EMY Thodoris Kolydas uploaded the course of snow weather Barbara from Tuesday until Thursday.
Οι περιοχές των χιονοπτώσεων για το επόμενο διήμερο, με την αξιοπιστία της #ΕΜΥ . Τα σχόλια απόψε το βράδυ , ζωντανά στο κεντρικό δελτίο ειδήσεων του #Star
@Starchannelnew1 @EMY_HNMS @GSCP_GR @News247gr pic.twitter.com/AZD4NSUggu
— Theodoros Kolydas (@KolydasT) February 7, 2023
Weather Forecast Feb 7-8
1) The snowfalls that are already occurring in places in the eastern and southern parts are forecast to continue in the Sporades islands, eastern Thessaly, Evia, eastern Sterea, as well as in mountainous and semi-mountainous areas of the eastern Peloponnese, the Cyclades islands and Crete. In particular, for eastern Magnesia, central and northern Evia, Fthiotida and Boeotia, intensity of the phenomena is predicted in places until the afternoon.
2) Attica: sleet and temporary snowfalls are predicted, which in places in the north and east will occur at a lower altitude and will be denser at times until the afternoon.
1) Snowfall is expected to continue in the Sporades, eastern Thessaly, Evia, eastern Sterea, as well as in mountainous and semi-mountainous areas of the northern Cyclades and Crete. In particular, in eastern Magnesia, central and northern Evia, Fthiotida and Boeotia, intensity of the phenomena is predicted in places until the midday hours.
2) Attica: sleet and temporary snowfalls are predicted, which in some places in the north will occur at a lower altitude and will be denser at intervals until the midday hours.
In addition, strong frost will occur in the continental areas until Thursday (09/02/2023), which in the northwest will be total in places (negative temperatures throughout the day).
sources: emy, meteo.gr maps