Sunday , September 24 2023
Home / News / Economy / Survey: 90% of Greeks “Austerity Measures Unjust”, 66.7% Want the Euro

Survey: 90% of Greeks “Austerity Measures Unjust”, 66.7% Want the Euro

 The new austerity package of 11.5 billion euro is “unjust” and it won’t not effective. This is opinion of the majority of Greeks (90.6%) according to a public opinion survey conducted by MPB for the newspaper Real News.

90.6% of the respondents consider the additional austerity measures as unjust as they will burden more the weak parts of the society.

83.4% believe that they will me additional austerity measures in the next years.

65.2% consider as not likely a Greece’s exit form the euro

49.8% consider as very likely the possibility the country goes bankrupt

66.7% believes the country has to stay in the euro however with another economic policy than this of the Memorandum of Understanding.

17.7 % say yes to euro with the MoU – 10.5% want Euro exit

85.8% of the respondents declare they are pessimistic about the situation of the country.

48.7% disagree with the government policy on illegal immigration, 44.5% agree.

69.5% disagree with Chysi Avgi (Golden dawn) approach and activities towards immigrants.

The survey was conducted between September 18-20, 2012 among 1,003 people.



Check Also

No Metro service in Athens; buses operate as usual, Sept 21

There is no metro service in Athens on the strike day Thursday, September 21, after …


  1. For the people who dont consider a Greek bankruptcy likely: Talks in Greece over the next tranche of loans are now on hold until after the US election. With a Greek goverment already out of cash to pay the bills this wont help.

  2. 85.8% of the respondents declare they are pessimistic about the situation of the country.

    Does that mean that 14.2% think we’re having a good time???

  3. More worrying is the 69.5% who disagree with GD. What about the other 30.5%? Do they agree, or do they don’t care either way?

  4. Greece faces a budget shortfall of about 20 billion euros ($26 billion) to satisfy international conditions for emergency aid, almost double previous estimates, German magazine Der Spiegel reported Sunday, citing preliminary findings by the so-called Troika that consists of the European Commission, European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund.

    The country can only receive the next tranche of financial aid from its international creditors once its budget gap is closed.

    Euro-zone officials admit that the EUR173 billion bailout plan agreed with Athens in March–Greece’s second bailout since 2010–is already badly off track. Greece has been waiting since June for its next aid slice of that package–a EUR31 billion payment from the euro-zone bailout fund and the IMF–as the country’s recession cuts deeper and longer than forecast.

    Some people play games, other people suffer…
    How much longer are the “other people” going to take this?