Staff at five big state-run museums in Greece will launch a work stoppage on Wednesday, June 14, to protest a law altering their museums operation status.
The museums affected are:
- the National Archaeological Museum in Athens
- the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki
- the Archaeological Museum in Heraklion, Crete
- the Byzantine and Christian Museum in Athens
- the Museum of Byzantine Culture in Thessaloniki
The work stoppage will start at noon Wednesday and last until the end of the shift.
The unions of workers plan to also hold a protest rally outside the Culture Ministry at 1 p.m. on June 14, 2023.