Greece Civil Aviation Authority CAA extended on Sunday travel restrictions on domestic flights until April 12 and on international flights until April 19 as the number of new Covid-19 infections continues to rise.
Under the restrictions, passengers flying to Greece must receive a negative PCR test 72 hours before arrival and undergo random testing for Covid-19.
All foreign travelers are quarantined for seven days. Israeli travelers who have been fully vaccinated at least two weeks before travel will not need to be quarantined following a bilateral agreement on tourism between the two countries.
Most flights from non-European Union member states are banned, with the exception of 10 countries including Britain. For domestic flights, only essential travel is permitted.
*Prohibition of entry to Greece of third-country nationals other than the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement: notam provides for a prohibition of entry to the country of third-country nationals, except the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement.
Citizens of the following 10 countries are excluded from the aviation directive:
- United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Russian Federation, Israel.
* Seven (7) days quarantine on all arrivals from abroad: All passengers entering our country from any foreign country, including the Member States of the European Union, are subject to mandatory precautionary restrictions at home or at the place of temporary of residence declared on the PLF form, for seven (7) days, unless they remain in Greece for a shorter period, in which case the temporary restriction is valid for this period, ie until their departure.
In addition, international passengers will be checked upon arrival, based on the procedure provided by the Passenger Locator Form. In case a passenger tests positive, he will be placed in 14-day quarantine.
* International arrivals only with a negative PCR Covid-19 test of 72 hours: notam predicts that all passengers of international flights will enter our country only with a negative PCR test Covid-19 which will be performed up to 72 hours before their arrival. It is reminded that the passengers will be tested at the entrance to the Greek territory based on the PLF.
* Mandatory rapid arrival test for all passengers from the UAE and the UK: In addition to all other measures, a mandatory rapid arrival test is provided for all passengers from the United Arab Emirates as well as from the United Kingdom.
* United Kingdom: 7-day quarantine and new PCR test to lift it: Especially for incoming passengers from the UK in order to get out of quarantine they will have to undergo a new PCR test when the 7-day period is completed.
* Compulsory completion of Passenger Locator Form: The mandatory completion of the form is provided, at the email address travel.gov.gr, by all passengers of international flights to Greece. It is also mandatory to complete the PLF form for passengers of foreign flights who are permanent residents of Greece and depart from the airports of our country.
* Maximum travelers from the Russian Federation: Especially for Russia (permanent residents) the following restrictions remain, arrivals only at the airports of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion. The maximum entry limit per week is 4,000 passengers.
*No quarantine for vaccinated tourists from Israel provided they can show a vaccination certificate issed 14 days after vaccination cocnlusion.
Exceptions to pre-existing notams apply to all domestic / international flight instructions.
More information on coronavirus in Greece here.