The Corinth Canal has been operating normally since Monday, July 4, 2022, while the first crossings have already taken place, the managing company said Tuesday noon, dismissing media reports of the previous day about a temporary closure.
The Corinth Canal Corporation (AEDIK) said in an announcement that the Canal operates as normally, denying reports in the electronic press, which talked about the interruption of the Canal’s operation due to a landslide, CNNGreece reported.
At the same time, the company noted that draft checks were carried out for the smooth passage, without restrictions on drafts and, with respect to customers and users of its services.
“The Corinth Canal is operating normally, serving navigation, offering upgraded services for the entire planned period of its reopening,” the statement added.
Last week PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis had announced that the Canal will open again on Monday, July 4, 2022, for three months, before it would close again for the completion of the repair works and open again for four months in 2023.
Several media reported on Monday afternoon that the Corinth Canal was closed again on Monday after a new landslide. Some of these media replaced the content with the company’s statement, others simply removed the content from their website.
Local media loutraki365 has to article on its website still on Tuesday afternoon.