Hellenic Petroleum has announced announced that ExxonMobil acquired the majority of hydrocarbon exploration rights in the region of west and southwest of Crete, following the departure of TotalEnergies.
ExxonMobil and TotalEnergies with 40% each, along with Hellenic Petroleum (20%) had the majority of hydrocarbon exploration rights previously.
The Hellenic Petroleum said that ExxonMobil now has 70% of exploration rights and Hellenic Petroleum the remaining 30%.
A series of seismic research has been made in the region in 2012.
🙁 instead of fossil fuel use slowing down, it seems to be speeding up. I fear for our children’s futures.
Exxon is responsible for delaying the switch from fossil fuels to renewables. Read Merchants of Doubt. They are criminals, for crimes against humanity.