Greece’s Civil Protection uploaded the Movement Permits during the total lockdown also in English late on Monday evening. The Permits are for Work or Extraordinary Activities like purchases, doctors etc. The Permits for work must be printed, for the other activities can be printed, handwritten or per sms.
Movement and transportation of individuals in order to meet their needs that cannot be otherwise met are permitted only for the following reasons:
- Travel to and from work during working hours.
- Going to the pharmacy or to the doctor provided this is necessary, further to telephone consultation.
- Going to the super market, mini market for basic necessities, if delivery is not possible.
- Going to the bank if the necessary transaction is not possible online.
- Going to assist someone in need.
- Attending a ceremony (e.g. funeral, wedding, christening) as per the relevant legislation; maintaining parent-child contact in case of divorced or separated parents as per relevant legislation.
- Exercising outdoors or walking a pet. If accompanied by another individual, then there should be a 1.5 metres distance between the two.
For commuting to and from the workplace at working hours the movement permit is fixed (“Work Commute Permit for Employees”) (type A) and is provided under the personal responsibility of the signatory by the employer or the legal representative thereof, or in the case of a freelancer or self-employed, themselves.
For all other movement and / or transportation requirements the movement permit for one-time use (“Extraordinary Movement Permit”) (type B) is signed by the individual and includes the name, date of birth, home address, and time of departure of the individual, as well as the specific reason of the move and / or transportation.
Individuals must carry their ID or passport at all times with them together with a completed transportation certificate (printed or handwritten) or a confirmation SMS in order to produce it during a routine check.
How can I issue a Lockdown Movement Permit?
Work Commute Permit For Employees (Type Α)
For a fixed lockdown movement permit (Type A), to and from work, the following form is required:
Extraordinary Movement Permit (Type B)
In order to issue a single-use extraordinary movement permit (type B), there are three options available: through an SMS text message, through a printed one-time single-use movement permit, or through a handwritten permit.
1. SMS text message
You can send an SMS text message from your mobile phone to 13033, free of charge
The SMS text message must be in the following format:
X [blank] full name [blank] home address
- Going to the pharmacy or visiting a Medical Doctor, in the case that this is recommended after consultation.
- Going to a supply store in operation (super markets, mini markets etc), which can not ship or deliver its goods.
- Going to the bank, when electronic transactions are not possible.
- Going to help people in need.
- Going to a ceremony (e.g., funeral, marriage, baptism) under the conditions provided by law; or movement of divorced or legally separated parents in the context of parental responsibility, custody, or visiting rights in accordance with the applicable provisions.
- Physical exercise in an open space or for a pet’s needs; individually or up to 2 people. In the latter case, a minimum distance of 1.5 meters must be kept at all times.
You will receive the following text back:
Transportation [blank] X [blank] full name and home address
2. Printing and filling the permit
You can download, print, fill, and carry with you the following form:
3. Handwritten Note
The handwritten form must contain the following information:
- Full Name
- Home Address
- Reason for moving within the above permitted categories and destination address
- Date, Time, Signature
permits source: Greek Civil Protection website forma.gov.gr
Thank you for all the information in English. A huge help.
If you need to go to the bank cash point before going to the supermarket can you use one EXTRAORDINARY MOVEMENT PERMIT putting an X in the relevant boxes, or do you need separate forms ie one for the bank and one for the supermarket?.
No idea. sorry.