Greece’s Civil Aviation Authority has extended travel restrictions for domestic and international flights, while it lifted some flight bans and modified others.
According to a CAA press release issued on Sunday, 21. March 2021, only essential domestic flights are allowed for health, commercial, business and family reasons and return to residence until 6:00 a.m. Monday, 29. March 2021.
Travel restrictions are extended until 6 a.m. Monday, 5. April 2021.
*Prohibition of entry to Greece of third-country nationals other than the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement: notam provides for a prohibition of entry to the country of third-country nationals, except the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement.
Citizens of the following 10 countries are excluded from the aviation directive:
- United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Russian Federation, Israel.
Note that Rwanda and Singapore have been added again on the list of third-countries allowed to Greece.
* Seven (7) days quarantine on all arrivals from abroad: All passengers entering our country from any foreign country, including the Member States of the European Union, are subject to mandatory precautionary restrictions at home or at the place of temporary of residence declared on the PLF form, for seven (7) days, unless they remain in Greece for a shorter period, in which case the temporary restriction is valid for this period, ie until their departure.
In addition, international passengers will be checked upon arrival, based on the procedure provided by the Passenger Locator Form. In case a passenger tests positive, he will be placed in 14-day quarantine.
* International arrivals only with a negative PCR Covid-19 test of 72 hours: notam predicts that all passengers of international flights will enter our country only with a negative PCR test Covid-19 which will be performed up to 72 hours before their arrival. It is reminded that the passengers will be tested at the entrance to the Greek territory based on the PLF.
* Mandatory rapid arrival test for all passengers from the UAE and the UK: In addition to all other measures, a mandatory rapid arrival test is provided for all passengers from the United Arab Emirates as well as from the United Kingdom.
* United Kingdom: 7-day quarantine and new PCR test to lift it: Especially for incoming passengers from the UK in order to get out of quarantine they will have to undergo a new PCR test when the 7-day period is completed.
* Compulsory completion of Passenger Locator Form: The mandatory completion of the form is provided, at the email address travel.gov.gr, by all passengers of international flights to Greece. It is also mandatory to complete the PLF form for passengers of foreign flights who are permanent residents of Greece and depart from the airports of our country.
* Suspension of flights with Turkey is lifted.
* Lifted are also the restrictions for flights from Albania and North Macedonia that were allowed to land only at Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos.”
* Maximum travelers from the Russian Federation: Especially for Russia (permanent residents) the following restrictions remain, arrivals only at the airports of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion. The maximum entry limit per week is increased from 500 to 4,000 passengers.
Exceptions to pre-existing notams apply to all domestic / international flight instructions.
Τhe CAA statement in Greek here.
More information on coronavirus in Greece here.
So I take it that the Israeli tourists who can come to Greece as from today (23th)
Won’t be flying here