Workers at public transport means in Athens will join the general strike of public and private sector unions on December 14th 2017. Transport means workers will launch work stoppages next Thursday, mainly in order to allow unionists to join the big protest rally again austerity measures.
According to an announcement
- Athens Metro lines 2 and 3 will operate from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Buses and trolley buses will operate from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Urban train ISAP will operate between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Tram will operate between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Trains of TRAINOSE and Proastiakos on 24-hour strike from Wed midnight until Thursday midnight.
Due to 24h strike of Proastiakos, no metro will operate up to and from the Athens airport.
Flights will be disrupted due to a work stoppage from 8:00 am to 12 o’ clock noon.
Public transport means like buses will start to withdraw from the traffic around one hour before the work stoppage begins.