The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in Greece has extended a series of travel restrictions “aiming to protect passengers and citizens from the Covid-19 pandemic,” as noted in a press release issued on October 25, 2020.
The air directives (notams) regarding travel restrictions from certain countries and Non-EU citizens, negative Covid-19 test, and filling up of the Passenger Location Form before departure are extended until November 6 and 8, 2020, the CAA said.
*Restrictions extension until 6. November 2020 for/from the airports of Kozani an Kastoria.
* Air instructions regarding the suspension of flights between Greece and Turkey and between Greece and the region of Catalonia in Spain are extended until 8. November 2020 at midnight.
* The air directive which provides that all flights to and from Greece from Albania and North Macedonia will be operated only at the “Eleftherios Venizelos” Athens international airport is extended until 8. November 2020.
* Extended until 8. November 2020 is the notam which stipulates that those traveling to Greece by air from Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, the United Arab Emirates, Malta, Belgium, Spain, Albania and Northern Macedonia (11 countries) will enter Greece country only with a negative Covid-19 which will have been carried out up to 72 hours before their arrival, while they will also be subjected to sampling tests.
* Extended until 8. November 2020, is the aviation directive which provides for a ban on entry into the country by Non-European Citizens (Non EU Citizens).
Excepted are citizens from 9 countries: Singapore, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Uruguay and the United Arab Emirates.
The CAA notes that to the previous list of exceptions, Singapore was added, while Canada, Georgia and Tunisia were removed.
* Regarding the air directive for permanent residents from Israel, it is also extended until 8. November and stipulates that those traveling to Greece by air connection from Israel will enter our country only with a negative test Covid-19, which will have been conducted with PCR method up to 72 hours before their arrival. Also, the permanent residents of Israel who come to Greece will be re-submitted to sampling tests for covid-19 while the maximum entry limit of 10,000 travelers from Israel to all airports in Greece remains.
*The travel advise for Russia (permanent residents) is extended until 8. November 2020 and stipulates entrance to Greece only with negative PCR COVID1-9 test (72 hours) and at the airports of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklio (Crete). Maximum passengers entrance per week remains at 500. Random COVID-19 testing.
* The CAA also informs about the extension until 8 November 2020 of the mandatory completion of the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at the electronic address https://travel.gov.gr/ by all passengers of international flights to Greece.
For airline directives (extensions, replacements, new ones and amendments), the exceptions to the existing airline directives apply.
Greek’s repatriation programs are also excluded.
CAA press release in Greek here.
More information about coronavirus in Greece here