Greece’s Civil Protection imposed a “mini lockdown” in the Regional Unit of Rethymno and extended the Covid-19 restrictions to the regional units of Chania and Heraklio.
The mini lockdown in Rethymno followa recommendation by the National Committee for the Protection of Public Health due to increased epidemiological load.
The “mini lockdown” restrictions in Rethymno go into force from 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 18, 2021.
The restriction measures are:
- Traffic ban from 01:00 in the evening until 06:00 in the morning, with the exception for work and serious health reasons.
- Prohibition of music around the clock in food service and entertainment facilities.
The measures are valid until Wednesday, August 25 and will be re-evaluated by the Commission next week.
Restrictions in Heraklio and Chania are reportedly extended until August 25.
Heraklio was placed in “mini lockdown” on August 11 and Chania on August 5, 2021.
Crete – coronavirus
According to local media cretalive, the infections increase has started to put pressure on the health system on the biggest island of Greece:
- 22 hospital admissions in the last 24 hours
- 220 patients hospitalized with Covid-19
- 28 Covid-patients remain in the Intensive Care Units, 24 of them intubated.
In the past 24 hours, a total of 472 new coronavirus infections were recorded across the island.
- Heraklio 222
- Chania 142
- Rethymno 86
- Lasithi 20
Geographic distribution of daily coonavirus cases here
Do these people really think that the virus only travels between 1 am and 6 am? Do they really think that music in some way spreads the virus? Is it just me that sees no sense in this? Really?