Vaccines against the flu can be administered in pharmacies without doctor’s prescription and free of charge for certain groups of citizens, Greece’s health ministry announced.
The flu vaccine will be paid to pharmacists by the National Health Care Organization EOPY and the insurance funds.
According to the relevant circular, groups of following adult citizens are the beneficiaries for the flu vaccine free of charge and without prescription:
- People over 60
- Adults with chronic respiratory and cardiovascular complaints
- People who are immune-suppressed
- Transplant patients,
- People suffering from diabetics, kidney or liver failure, neuro-muscular ailments and Down’s Syndrome.
- pregnant women and new or nursing mothers
- obese individuals
- those who care for babies or persons at higher risk from influenza
- people living in large institutions (schools, prisons etc) and staff in healthcare
As well as people that regularly handle pork and poultry, whether alive or dead, such as breeders, slaughterers, veterinarians etc.
The program starts on Monday, December 19, 2022, and refers to flu vaccine for 2022/2023.