Negative covid-19 test, masks and checks on travelers from China at the airports of Greece is what the government decided on Thursday at an emergency meeting at the office of prime minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis
The coronavirus outbreak in China and the XBB1.5 mutation has put also the government on alert, especially after the EU decided for a strong recommendation of measures for travelers from the far East country.
At the meeting held with health authorities, it was decided that Greece will keep up with the measures taken by the EU regarding the coronavirus and the situation in China, media report citing sources.
The decided measures requested for travelers from China are so far:
- -negative covid-19 test 48 hours before departure
- – use of a high-protection mask will be requested for travelers from China.
The EU decision also provides that:
- Random checks of passengers arriving from China on arrival in Member States, as appropriate, and sequencing of all positive results to strengthen surveillance of the epidemiological situation.
- Control of sewage from airports with international flights and aircraft arriving from China.
- Continue to promote shared vaccine distribution and vaccination, including booster doses, particularly among vulnerable groups.
A relevant announcement is expected from the Greek Health Ministry where the measures will be further specified.