“The popular verdict clearly renders the bailout deal null” Alexis Tsipras, leader of left-wing SYRIZA, said during a press conference shortly after he received the mandate to form the next government of Greece.
Saying that “3 million voters rejected the austerity-bailout”, Tsipras revealed the his party’s conditions for future government coalitions:
1. Immediate annulment of the austerity measures, especially those concerning wages and pensions cuts
2. Annulment of austerity programme provisions that exterminate workers’ rights.
3. Moratorium for the debt repayment.
4. Immediate changes to election law [50-seats bonus] and annulment of the law protecting ministers from being accountable.
5. Public control of the banks and immediate release of the Blackrock report.
6. Establishment of an international committee to audit the public debt.
7. Cooperation in European level.
“The crisis is not Greek, it is European,” he said.
Tsipras urged Venizelos (PASOK) and Samaras (ND) to send letters to EU saying their bailout commitments are not valid anymore.
PS Communist KKE rejected Tsipras’s offer for a coalition government. On the phone… Tsipras will meet Venizelos at 5 pm/Wedn. Democratic Left accepted his coalition gov’ offer.