Lockdown restrictions will be imposed locally also in the middle of summer and the tourism season in the event that an increase of the epidemiological burden is recorded, head of Civil Protection and deputy minister Nikos Hardalias said on Friday evening.
At the weekly briefing on Friday, Hardalias listed the restrictions that will be imposed in case of significant increase of coronavirus infections.
The measures that will be implemented locally to contain the spread of the coronavirus are;
1. Curfew from midnight (00:00) until 06:00 in the morning.
2. The operation of all restaurants, cafes etc will be limited:
o exclusively outdoors
o only seated customers allowed
o 24-hour music ban
o Disinfection of menu catalogs during the rotation of customers at the tables
o Placement of disinfectant product per table
o Mandatory use of mask by staff and customers during waiting time
3. Suspension of any kind of events, such as live parties, trade fairs, processions, open markets, concerts, etc.
4. Prohibition of any kind of gathering of citizens over 9 people for any reason, both in public and in private.
5. Dining areas will allow a maximum number of people at each table up to 4 people, unless it is a family of up to 6 people.
6. Suspension of construction works.
7. Suspension of religious ceremonies, with the exception of funerals with the presence of up to 9 people and services performed only by ministers.
Earlier at the live briefing Hardalias warned the residents of 5 islands that an increase of infections has been recorded in the last five days.
Beginning of the month, Greece lifted major restrictions of lockdown and reopen activities like dine out, cinemas, theaters and shopping without time limit. Music in bars and restaurateur is still prohibited, even though the ban may be lifted next month.
More information on coronavirus in Greece here.