The Greek government will launch a program to subsidize the purchase of e-vehicles such as electric cars as well as electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers and e-bicycles in the framework of a strategy to promote the use of electric cars in the country.
Environment and Energy Minister Costas Skrekas announced that the platform for submitting applications will open on Thursday, July 28, 2022.
The subsidy for individuals reaches 30 percent on the retail price of a vehicle (pre-tax) Additional subsidy was offered for the purchase of a home charger or the withdrawal of an old car.
The subsidy covers only the purchase of e-vehicles and not plug-in hybrid cars.
Skrekas said the programme has four goals, renewal of car fleet, developing smart charging infrastructure, reducing CO2 emissions ans saving funds for citizens.
Analytically the subsidies for individuals and businesses
* 30% subsidy on the retail price before taxes for the purchase of an electric car with a maximum amount of 8,000 Euro.
* Subsidy of 30% and up to 8,000 Euros for long-term leases, with no obligation to purchase.
* 1,000 Euro withdrawal bonus and 500 Euro smart charger purchase subsidy.
* Additional subsidy of 1000 Euro for the purchase of a car for a disabled person.
* Additional subsidy of 1000Euro for families with at least 3 dependent children (1000Euro for 3 dependent children, and an additional 1000Euro per additional dependent child up to 4000Euro).
* An additional 1000 Euros for the purchase of a car and minicar for young people up to 29 years old.
* Possibility of assigning the right to collect a subsidy to the selling company.
* Subsidy up to 40% and with a maximum amount of 3,000 for the purchase of two-wheelers and three-wheelers of category L5e to L7e (professional electric three-wheelers and minicars).
* Subsidy of electric two-wheelers category L1e to L4e up to 20% and with a maximum subsidy amount of 800 Euro.
* 40% subsidy for electric bikes, with a maximum subsidy amount of 800 Euro.
* 30% subsidy for the purchase of an electric car with a maximum amount of 8,000 Euro from 1 to 20 vehicles and 20% subsidy with a maximum amount of 6,000 Euro from 21 vehicles and above.
* Withdrawal bonus of 1,000 Euros per vehicle and purchase subsidy of a smart charger of 400 Euros per recharging point.
* Subsidy to courier, distribution and tourism companies for the purchase of up to 10 electric bicycles.
* 30% subsidy and up to 8,000 Euros for long-term leases, with no purchase obligation for 1 to 20 vehicles and 20% subsidy and up to 6,000 Euros for 21 vehicles and above respectively.
* Additional 4,000 Euros per car for companies operating on islands.
* 30% subsidy with a maximum amount of 8,000 Euro per car for the purchase of electric demonstration cars (test drive) from 1 to 20 vehicles and 20% subsidy with a maximum amount of 6,000 Euro for 21 vehicles and above respectively.
The program has a budget of 50 million euros and was expected to be further increased in 2023.
The platform “I move electrically” Κινούμαι Ηλεκτρικά is here.